Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

March 27, 2012

Can A Tiny Skink Stop A Million Dollar Project?

The only thing that is better than this story is when a
Gopher tortoise shuts down a huge development dig!
A Florida Sand Skink
Although we have lived here since 2004,
I have only seen this elusive creature once.
It slid across the grass one hot summer day,
right up to the front step where it sat quietly for
a moment and then died right it front of me.
I had no idea what it was or even if it was safe to do so,
but I picked it up and carried it into the house.
I studied it, then googled it and learned about it.
It was a beautiful, endangered silver sand skink, that now has its own
page here and hopefully one day, another will bless us with its presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment