Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

February 27, 2014

No Ducks, thank you~

RubberDuck
A Rubber Duck
Picture credit:  Alexander Klink


With this posting today, I may lose some of you,   c’est la vie.
I just got a new Petition in my email and felt compelled to pass it along.
Here is the Petition:  Remove violence promoting products in your store
It is addressed to Petco, a store where I do not shop as often as I used to,  because  they do not carry the food that we have chosen for Breanna, which is Wellness Core Ocean.
I have asked for it repeatedly  and they continue to say that they do not carry it.
The products that are in question in this petition are, now comes the hard part, promoting  ” Duck Dynasty.”
Yes,  that Duck Dynasty!
I have just signed the petition and agree with the thinking in it.
Sorry for those of you who are fans of theirs, but please do read the petition and then make up your own minds.
As for me, I do not watch their show because of their  treatment of animals and their comments on gays and other groups.
The show, the cast and the premise of it all,  is in direct conflict with everything that I believe in and is just not for me.
It would be absolutely unbearable to have Duck Dynasty products in my face,  when shopping for Breanna’s food  at any store.
I agree, as  the petition states,  that having these products for sale in the stores,  is in conflict with the image that Petco has worked so hard to achieve.
I may be alone on this, but I’m OK with that~

No comments:

Post a Comment