Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

October 25, 2013

Perception~

Winter
Winter, without her famous prosthetic tail

As I leave you for a brief respite, or in other words, my family’s Annual Reunion,  I wanted to share one last inspiring posting with you.
This story was on our news this morning and knowing how some of you, like me, desperately need to hear something positive, uplifting, or at least not horrible for a change about animals, this is our “ good news ” story~
Cieran Kelso, is an eight year old child from England, who recently came to Florida and got the chance to meet Winter, the now world famous dolphin with a prosthetic tail, whose story was the inspiration for one of my favorite animal, postings and movies, that I have ever written about here:
Giving Back Dolphin Style
What makes this so emotional, so joyous, so inspirational, at least for me, is one particular comment made by this physically challenged child about wanting to come back when he grew up and take care of Winter.
This remark reminded me of something similar that my own physically challenged son once said to me many years ago.
He was quite young at the time, perhaps only 6 -8 years old and we were out somewhere together, when we passed by a child who was walking using a white cane and was obviously blind.
After he passed us by, my son looked up at me and said, ” Mommy that is so sad, he is blind. “
I looked down at him in total disbelief and said, “ but honey you are in a wheelchair, and you can’t walk. “
Never one shy for an opinion, he came right back at me with these never to be forgotten words,
" but Mommy, he is blind and I can see. “

So, I guess in the end, in life’s minor or major challenges, it is after all, ” all about your perception. “

Read and see more about this beautiful story here:
8-Year Old Boy and Winter the Dolphin Share a Swim
Boy Who Lost Legs Swims With Winter The Dolphin
Boy and Dolphin Swim and Bond
Boys Dream To Swim With Winter Comes True

No comments:

Post a Comment