Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

December 8, 2011

Does Living in the Waters of a Nuclear Plant Come With Risk?

The question must be raised again, as when the Manatees at Crystal River, were doing the same, is the water flowing out of this or any Nuclear Power Plant safe?
I have frequently been concerned that Manatees were being put at a risk, which could result in even minute genetic/DNA alterations, or other detrimental affects from the water at Crystal River and was assured by a Florida Biologist, that the water was perfectly safe for them.
But, I had my doubts.
Now that Crocodiles are mimicking the Manatees at Turkey Point in South Florida, I once again would like to have any Biologist in this state assure the public that there is absolutely no nuclear radiation in the waters that these Threatened and/or Endangered Mammals are residing in.
Still, I still have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment