Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

January 6, 2013

26 Acts

 1-2 hour old Key Deer Fawn, picture credit: CWRL-SIUC/Key Deer Protective Alliance
A Key Deer Fawn

As the 2012 year end post was so very sad, I choose to begin 2013 with more hopeful thinking.
Lately, the world all around us has become so violent and ugly that sometimes I just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head, but that would serve no purpose really.
So, in light of the recent sad news everywhere, I wish to believe that 2013 will be, must be, a better year not only for all of the fragile, delicate things that I love, but for the entire Human Race as well.
If each of us does what was suggested by someone right after Newtown, that we all might voluntarily commit 26 random acts of kindness, couldn't that also include our out there on the edge, hanging on by just a thread, endangered plants and wildlife on the planet too?
So, nice to meet you New Year 2013 and I would like to let you know, that I have already begun those 26 random acts of kindness this week and intend to continue doing them all year long, wherever I just happen to be.
It can't hurt and it just makes you feel so good~

No comments:

Post a Comment