Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

January 10, 2014

Rhino Rage

blackrhino
A soon to become extinct and most rare,  Black Rhino mother and baby. Picture credit:  Yathin S Krishnappa

**I am completely guilty of being too angry and too quick to write, after re-reading this story, it was learned that they are having an auction for this disgusting murder, BUT it will be carried out in Africa, not in the US, however, this will matter little to the dead Rhino!**
**I have just finished editing this story and have now hopefully removed all  erroneous remarks to keep it accurate.**
 
Earlier this morning, while watching GMA,  this banner text ran across the bottom of screen:
Dallas Hunting Club to award license today in controversial auction to kill critically endangered Black Rhino.
Can I tell you how fast I hit the stop button and went to find this story?
My stomach was sick, my heart racing, Oh God, please tell me this is not true.
But, alas, it was/is  most wickedly so.
Of course it is to be expected, that there will be those in total opposition and those who wish to see this come to fruition.
The FBI is currently  investigating ” Death Threats.”
Lines are now being drawn in the hot,  dry Texas dust.
In the past many times,  these despicable  ” Ranch Hunts ”  have made the news, the victims always being tracked and murdered by probable bored with ” run of the mill  killing, ” hunters who pay quite dearly for the pleasure of killing on private ranches in Texas.
I am personally well familiar with certain kinds of  ” Texas mentality ”  after having had the misfortune of living there for 3 long and sad years.
It was a most unpleasant experience I wish to never repeat,  that culminated with my Banks refusal to allow me to cash a check when my then husband was stationed in Korea.
I was told by a woman teller at my Bank, that  a woman could not cash a check, this was in the early sixties and I never forgot it.
Anyway back to the current Texas madness…
These private ranches somehow acquire countless wildlife and subject them to Sport/Trophy murder for the insane pleasure of idiots who feel the need to hunt down and kill a wild animal.
I suppose the idea that it is quite rare makes them even more deliriously happy.
They claim that this death will matter little because the Rhino is an old male, who can no longer reproduce.
Wow, just imagine if this line of thinking were to run rampant in the world!
If I am sounding even more hostile or irrational today than usual,  it may be due to my current elevated blood pressure just from thinking about this insidious situation.
Yes, these Hunting Ranches are on private property, that much may be true, but are there no International Laws that are being broken here, where individuals in one country can hold a raffle of a sort,  or auction,  to kill an extremely Endangered animal in another?
America, what have we become?
As if the vicious and brutal assaults, continuing even still today on these beautiful animals,  as well as elephants,  for their body parts,  were not already enough of a horror, now Americans  in this Country are going to permit, carry out  an auction give away for the privilege of to murdering a Rhino in Namibia!
The words  of Gandhi keep running through my head,  ” A Nation shall be judged by the way it treats its animals.”
Does that thought also apply to running and supporting something as evil as this to be carried out in another country?
Shame on us, shame on Namibia.
Ultimately though, the key irritant in this entire mess for me,  is their repeated use of the word Safari.
Murdering innocent animals is not a Safari, it is a slaughter.
These kinds of guilty pleasures that must continuously be fed and appeased, remind me of certain Biblical times,  right before it was all taken down.
I simply cannot wrap my mind around the ability of some to find joy, happiness or any other positive feeling from killing an animal that may quite soon become extinct.
This  abominable behavior is all surreal, it is insanity.
May God help the innocent animals, may God forgive the guilty who murder them~
 
On the remote possibility that you may wish to learn more,  here are the brutal facts of this story:
FBI Looks Into Threats Ahead of Rhino Hunt Auction
2 Sides Lock Horns as Dallas Hunt Club nears Action of Permit to kill Black Rhino
Dallas Hunt Club Receives Death Threats
Dallas Safari Club Calls in FBI after Death Threats over Rhino-Hunt Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment