Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

October 28, 2013

Is Google Guilty?

African_Bush_Elephants
The innocents being murdered daily for their parts

This subject was to be my first post several days ago, but because the accusations were/ are so sensational, I felt it needed a bit more investigating before sharing it and posting it to all of you.
As I am sure you are already sadly aware,  elephants and other horned African animals are being slaughtered daily for their body parts.
The list of people who are outraged by this crime is as to be expected, and includes some of the world’s most influential, right along with the rest of us,  who are just plain animal lovers.
If you are outraged by this horror being inflicted daily on innocents, for the love of all that they are, please speak for them, make your feelings known, get involved.
As if the very fact of these crimes was not enough to take our very breaths away, now a bitter shock came this week, in a petition in my email claiming that Google was making huge profits from ads that they are running on their web sites selling this illegal animal product.
For the past two days I have been obsessed with trying to find some kind of firm evidence,  a concrete truth,  on this most egregious claim,  but have been unable to do so.
So, I have decided to leave it up to you, knowing full well that you, my beloved readers,  are some of the most brilliant people on the planet.
Let us open a discussion here and see what happens.
Is Google making money from the illicit Ivory trade on their web sites?
Does this Petition speak the truth, as the email claims:  ” Google has blood on their hands. “
This could prove disastrous for me for one reason, I use Google every single day for a myriad of purposes and if this all turns out to be the truth, I will have to cut the umbilical cord forever from them.
I will never, ever, be able  turn to them again for anything and for an information junkie like me, that speaks volumes.
Let us see what we find collectively on this disgusting and deplorable subject.

Here is the purported petition: Google And The Ivory Trade Petition
And just a bit of data for you:  Kenya Urges World To Impose Moratorium

No comments:

Post a Comment