Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

November 5, 2013

Persecuted Puppies

Puppymill
This is NOT even one of the worst examples of a Puppy Mill!
Picture credit: PETA


The sweetness and joy of yesterday’s posting,  is now but a distant memory this morning.
A friend on FB shared a story that has thrust me quickly into action at this moment.
I am sure that you are all aware of the sickening term ” puppy mills. “
They have made the news quite frequently here, probably because there are so many ” out of the public eye “ places to hide them in rural Florida.
They are usually run by ruthless, ugly people who care nothing for animals, other than the money that they can make off of them and their babies.
Normally, when a puppy mill is found and reported here,  they are shut down fairly fast.
If you are made aware of one of them near you, my prayer is that you make an immediate call to a news station and the appropriate public officials, who will do what is necessary to stop the suffering of innocent animals.

**When we were in Indiana recently, we were, as all of you know, robbed and were told several times to look on Craig’s List for our belongings that had been stolen because they are frequently reported to be sold there.
We were also told that there was a rash of dog thefts in the area at the same time and that the stolen dogs were being sold on Craig’s List.
Now we have also learned that many of those who run puppy mills, sell their puppies on this very same place.
I have personally had a pretty negative opinion of this website for many years, but now, it has turned to downright disgust.**
 
Back to the point though of this posting….
Normally publishing other people stories and/or pictures,  is not something I wish to do, but this is an exception.
Most of you know all about our Breanna and how we love and care for her, so you can only imagine how hard this page and the stories on it were to read.
But you are all courageous, loving people, who want to make the world a better place for animals, so please try to look and read and then get involved for the love of all animals, the innocents, please get involved.
They truly do have no one to speak for them, but you and me and wonderful groups like these people.
Please speak loudly!
If you have a problem getting to their FB page, I have just posted this story on mine this morning.

Here is the text and the picture:
My name is 109. I have lived in a puppy mill for 61/2 years.  I have had 11 litters of puppies and made my owner over $30,000.00. to show his gratitude, he has never bathed or brushed me….he has never placed a kind hand on me.  I have nev…er seen a vet or felt grass under my feet. The only time I am out of my 2×3 crate is when i am bred by force.  I get a little more food and a cleaner pen when i have my babies.  I am happy for a while but by 4 weeks they take my pups away  to sell them online and at pet stores and I am alone again back in my crate.  The wire floor in my crate has caused me to have permanent deep painful groves in my pads.  My nails are so long I can’t walk on a hard surface. Today, we were rescued….I am so scared, but i experienced something i have never heard before…..a soft gentle voice.”
Photo: My name is 109. I have lived in a puppy mill for 61/2 years.  I have had 11 litters of puppies and made my owner over $30,000.00. to show his gratitude, he has never bathed or brushed me....he has never placed a kind hand on me.  I have never seen a vet or felt grass under my feet. The only time I am out of my 2x3 crate is when i am bred by force.  I get a little more food and a cleaner pen when i have my babies.  I am happy for awhile but by 4 weeks they take my pups away  to sell them online and at pet stores and I am alone again back in my crate.  The wire floor in my crate has caused me to have permanent deep painful groves in my pads.  My nails are so long ican't walk on a hard surface. Today, we were rescued....I am so scared, but i experienced something i have never heard before.....a soft gentle voice.
This is the incredible group who is trying to stop this insidious “business”  please let them know that  you also care:   Stop Selling Puppies
This is a very difficult place to go, be prepared to cry.   I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment