Walking with the Alligators

Walking with the Alligators
A Florida Alligator

August 5, 2012

The Blessings~

 My daughter, me,  my sister and our Mother on the beach in Florida many years ago.
This week with no pressing, or alarming Endangered Wildlife crisis to write about,
my thoughts turned to the many blessings that we here in Florida have and I
wanted to share them with those of you not fortunate enough to live here.
Number one, coming from thirty years of living and working in Los Angeles, fresh clean air.
Next, an array of stunning wildlife, the likes of which are rarely ever seen, anywhere on Earth.
An abundance of pure, clean, clear water, on both sides of us,
the Atlantic on the East Coast and the Gulf of Mexico on the West.
When you think about this, we are so very lucky here, we can drive
for just a short time and be in paradise on a Coast.
For a lucky few, we are already there.
I have been coming here since the early 1970's when my parents first moved here
and as they moved around looking for, like the three little bears,
"just the right place" to spend their remaining days, I have through them,
seen nearly every nook and cranny of this gorgeous state.
I knew, even back then in the '70's, that one day, just like the little bears,
I would find my own "just the right place" here too.
Well, now it is 2012 and we all did find our special place
and for us, at least, it is here in the Ocala Forest.
Welcome to our paradise, welcome to our Florida.
Please, please, leave it as good as, or better than, you found it.
The two leggeds, four leggeds and winged ones all over this state thank you.
Please Keep Florida Wildlife Wild And Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment